The SEO Bible - Optimising Dynamic Sites by Webpresence
I've been doing a lot of research on optimising dynamic sites for the search engines, thought I'd share my findings with you. I'm not 100% that this is the correct way but please feel free to criticise me!
Getting the SE's to index your dynamic URL's
1. Create a STATIC sitemap linking to the dynamic pages
2. Create STATIC keyword rich 'content/category' pages and link these FROM the sitemap. Provide links TO the dynamic pages from these pages.
3. Implement a mod_rewrite
Optimsing unique pages;
4. Add the following fields to your database;
Title - page title Content - the introductory keyword rich text at the beginning of a page.
Have these variables pulled from the database into the template.
5. submit to the SE's as usual
6. Submit to online shopping portals / directories
7. Build incoming links as you would for a static site, linking to the dynamic pages where possible.
Read more about SEO for Dynamic Sites